Jan 1, 2010

The Village Milkmaid and Her Pail

A village milkmaid was one day walking along the road with a pot of milk on her head she was singing merrily as she went. She said to herself ‘’I shall sell this milk, and with the money that I get from It, I shall buy some eggs. From these eggs, I shall get some chickens and feed them with corn. They will grow into big, fat fowls and I shall buy a new dress. Then I will wear them on a market day. All the young men will look at me. But I won’t look back at any of them. I shall only toss my head and turn away’’.

The milkmaid forgot, for the moment, the pot of milk on her head. When she tossed her head proudly, down fell the pot and all the milk was spilled on the ground.

She got neither eggs, nor chickens, nor fowls, nor a new dress, nor did she go to the market.

No comments: